Check these solutions for fixed volume bar.
- Restart Windows and set the volume
- Switch off the keyboard
- Reinstalling sound drivers
- Opening the audio playback Troubleshooting problems.
1. Restarting windows and adjusting the volume
- Reboot Windows to remove the blocked volume bar.
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar and select Sounds.
- Select the Play tab below.
- Then right-click on the active audio device and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, select the Layers tab.
- Then drag the volume bar to the right to increase the volume (the volume bar will go back if you don’t restart Windows first). Properties of the readertab
One of the ways users can set a volume bar that is locked at 0% is to restart Windows and then increase the sound through the Sound Device Properties window. The volume bar disappears in the top left corner of the desktop after Windows restarts.
The user can then restore the sound in the Levels tab of the Audio Device Properties window. Please follow the instructions above.
2. Disconnect keyboard
A blocked volume bar may be caused by a blocked volume keypad. Some (desktop) users have confirmed that they have solved the problem by disconnecting their keyboard and plugging it back in after about a minute.
Of course this resolution is not suitable for laptops, but it still works for desktops.
3. Reinstalling audio drivers
- Right-click the Start button and select Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Run box and click OK to open the Device Manager.
- Double-click on Sound, Video and Game Controllers to expand this category.
- Right-click on the audio device and select Remove Device.
- Press the Clear button to confirm.
- Users can reinstall audio drivers by choosing Scan for Hardware Changes.
- Then reboot Windows.
A blocked volume scale can also be caused by sound drivers. Some users report that they have solved the problem by removing the sound drivers.
4. Open the device to solve audio playback problems
- In the Run menu, type Control Panel and click OK.
- Then click the Troubleshoot button to open the control panel application below.
- Click on View all in the left part of the window.
- Then click the Play Audio button to open the window in the screenshot below.
- Click on the Advanced button to select the Apply automatic repair option.
- Click on the Next button.
A jammed volume bar in Windows is often a keyboard hardware problem. If the above solutions do not resolve the situation, users should consider returning any laptops or desktops still under warranty to the manufacturer for repair.
In addition, desktop users can get new keyboards as replacements if they cannot get warranty repairs.
We hope our guide has helped you solve your volume control problem. If you have any other suggestions, please leave a comment in the section below.
FAQ: Volume barDetails
- How do I get rid of the volume bar on my screen?
If the volume bar is stuck on the screen, we have a very detailed manual to help you solve the problem.
- How can I fix the volume icon in Windows 10?
We have an expert guide to help you fix the task bar volume icon in Windows 10.
volume controller label,volume bar stuck on screen android,volume bar stuck on tv screen,volume bar stuck on iphone screen,get rid of volume icon windows 10,windows 10 hide audio,windows 10 upper left corner,remove volume icon from screen,volume bar keeps popping up windows 10,can t turn down volume windows 10,hp volume control keeps popping up,volume stuck turning down,volume bar not showing windows 10,volume bar won't go away iphone,volume bar stuck on tv screen vizio,hp volume stuck at 100,hp pavilion x360 volume button stuck,windows 10 volume popup not working,windows 10 volume osd missing,hidevolumeosd,windows 10 volume popup disable spotify,media volume control overlay,windows 10 volume popup reddit,how to disable volume pop-up windows 10,how to remove windows sound bar,windows 10 hide sound icon,disable keyboard volume control windows 10,dell laptop volume button stuck,dell keyboard volume control not working,dell volume not working,dell laptop volume decreases automatically,windows 10 volume bar stuck on screen,how to remove volume bar from screen windows 10,hide volume osd windows 10,disable windows volume slider,windows 10 volume control popup timeout