RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Several reports on Xbox One indicate that the home button suddenly stops working, even when the controller is connected to the console. While some users report that the problem comes and goes, others say that the home button no longer works. In fact, the problem seems to arise with wireless controllers and controllers connected with a USB cable.
When troubleshooting faults on the controller, it is important to note the difference between unexpected behaviour (this can be a misaligned joystick, a difficult calibration or a control failure) and a button on the controller. a controller that does not work at all.
Controller Update firmware of XboxConsole
- If the controller is connected with a USB cable but does not remain connected after disconnecting the cable, reconnect the cable and check if an upgrade of the controller is available:
- Press the Xbox button to open the manual.
- Under Profile and System, choose Settings.
- Under Devices and Connections, select Accessories.
- Select … on the Xbox Wireless Gamepad screen to check the firmware version of the Gamepad.
- If there are no updates, the latest version will be installed on your controller. If Update is displayed, proceed as follows.
- After updating the controller, disconnect the USB cable and try the wireless connection again.
echo date (‘F Y’); ?> Update:
We now recommend that you use this tool to correct the error. The tool also corrects common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software you can quickly solve IT problems and prevent others from suffering from them:
- Step 1 : Download the PC Repair and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may cause problems with the PC.
- Step 3 : Click the Restore All button to solve all problems.
If you can’t update your controller, I can’t see my controller updating on this page.
Update of the controller with Windows 10 PC
If the problem with the Xbox Home button is so serious that you can’t afford to upgrade your controller from the console, you can also use the Xbox Accessories application. Here’s how:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box. Then type ms-windows – store: // at home and press Enter to open the Microsoft Store.
- If you are in the Microsoft Store, use the search function in the upper right corner of the screen to find Xbox accessories. When you have found the correct list, click Get to download the desired controller update application.
- After downloading and installing the Xbox Accessories application, open it and connect your Xbox One controller with a USB cable or Xbox Wireless adapter.
- It’s important: This process requires an update of the anniversary version.
- When the pairing process is complete, a message will appear indicating that the controller needs to be updated. When you see this message, follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
- Once the process is complete, disconnect the controller and connect it to your Xbox One console to see if the problem has been resolved.
Remove the connected accessories from Xbox.
Sometimes Xbox One accessories connected to the controller or console can cause connectivity issues. If you have an external hard drive, keyboard or similar device connected to your Xbox, disconnect it and try connecting the controller again. Do the same with the stereo headphone adapter on the controller if you have one.
If you are trying to synchronize the controller using a micro-USB cable, make sure you use a good quality cable. Defective or worn/damaged cables cannot function properly.
Rebooting Xbox One
We’ve mentioned this before, but it needs to be repeated: Reboot the console each time you solve a problem with the controller. A single press of the power button on the front panel puts the unit into sleep mode by default. Press and hold the button for at least 10 seconds to turn the system off completely.
Sometimes a quick restart is all it takes when the Xbox One controller does not work.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware recovery. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have CCNA certification for network design and troubleshooting.
why does my xbox home button not work,xbox power button not working,only home button works on xbox one controller,xbox one controller home button replacement,xbox one controller start button not working,xbox one controller won t go to home screen,xbox sync button not working,how to fix xbox one controller joystick,how to connect xbox 1 controller,how to update xbox one controller,xbox controller keeps disconnecting,xbox one controller won't connect with usb pc,xbox one front panel buttons not working,xbox one controller buttons not working,xbox controller rb button not working,xbox one a button not working on home screen,xbox one controller won't select anything,xbox one controller blinking pc,how to pair xbox one controller,xbox 360 controller blinking,how to use xbox remote,xbox one controller home button not working windows 10,xbox one controller menu button not working,xbox one controller home button stuck,xbox one view button not working,xbox one controller home button won't stay on,xbox one menu button not working,xbox home button not working on pc