Unless you need to install Windows 10 on a UEFI-based computer, but are reading this article for educational purposes only, you may not be familiar with the term UEFI.
Well, UEFI is essentially a BIOS replacement, that is, new firmware that starts up the computer and the operating system. And more and more new Windows PCs are being added.
How do I create a USB installation medium for Windows 10 with UEFI?
1. Creating a RUFUSBootable USB stick installation file
- Download Rufus and open it.
- Select the USB memory device on which you want to take the picture.
- Choose a GPT partition scheme for the UEFI (leave the default cluster size). Make sure the option Create a bootable disk with ISO image is selected in the drop-down menu.
- Add your Windows ISO file (you can download your Windows 10 ISO files for free from the Microsoft site) and click Start.
- Wait until the process is complete and voila, you have a perfectly legal USB stick with a Windows 10 installation that supports EFU based computers.
- Now all you have to do is reboot the computer and install the system normally.
To do this, you need to download the Rufus USB image burning software. We know you may not like having to use third-party software, but it’s fine and it’s the quickest way.
Rufus USB is a stand-alone utility, so you don’t need to install it, just download and open it.
2. Using Microsoft’s Multimedia Authoring Tool
- Make sure you have an active internet connection.
- Select Create an installation media (USB stick, DVD or ISO file) for another PC and click Next.
- Choose the language, architecture and edition of Windows 10. It is important to choose the right architecture, 64-bit or 32-bit, or you can just choose both.
- Select the USB stick option.
- Select the desired removable drive from the list.
- Wait until the download is complete.
In addition to Rufus, the most recommended tool for creating a bootable Windows 10 USB system is Media Creation Tool. Before you start, download the update file from the Microsoft website.
After downloading the Windows 10 installation files, your computer creates a bootable USB stick that is compatible with devices running under UEFI or BIOS.
We are sure that our solutions have helped you create a bootable USB stick for Windows 10 UEFI.
If you have any further questions or concerns, you can consult our extensive collection of guides to media creation tools.
Do you still have a problem? Fix them with these tools:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Troubleshoot PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this much appreciated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click the Start scan button to scan for Windows issues that may cause PC problems.
- Click on Restore All to solve problems related to patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comments : This article was originally published in August 2015 and revised and updated in January 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
create windows 10 bootable usb from iso,windows 10 bootable usb tool,rufus windows 10 bootable usb,install windows 10 from usb,rufus windows 10,rufus bootable usb,create uefi bootable usb windows 10,windows 10 uefi iso download,create uefi bootable usb diskpart,rufus gpt windows 10,windows 10 iso,iso to usb